About this Episode
Dan and James discuss a new preprint that examined the types of limitations authors discuss in their published articles and whether these limitation types has changed over the past decade, especially in light of methodological reform efforts.
- The Genetic Lottery by Kathryn Paige Harden
- The limitations preprint by Beth Clarke and collegues
- Simine Vazire’s episode (also known as the one where Dan's wife starts going into labor)
- The heartbeat paper from Galvez-Pol and collegues
- Rand Wilcox and robust statistical methods
- The tweet thread explainer from Beth Clarke
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2022, July 11) "157: Limitations", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/APCU3Support Everything Hertz