Dan and James answer listener questions on tips for starting your PhD and the role of statistics in exploratory research.
Other stuff they cover:
- James new paper on people that voluntarily give themselves goosebumps
- Dan’s new podcast: Physiology and Behavior
- A preview of next weeks guest, Nathan Hall
- When things are taken out of context on Twitter
- What do you do when people are angry with you on the internet?
- Tips for people starting a PhD
- Can inferential statistics play a role in exploratory research?
- Why don’t journals publish peer review reports?
- Why is PsycNet so bad?
- James’ paper https://peerj.com/articles/5292/
- Physiology and Behavior podcast from Dan https://shows.pippa.io/dsquintana
- The tweet we discuss https://twitter.com/andpru/status/1024005699737509888?s=21
Dan on twitter https://www.twitter.com/dsquintana
James on twitter https://www.twitter.com/jamesheathers
Everything Hertz on twitter https://www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast
Everything Hertz on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/
Music credits: Lee Rosevere freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/Support Everything Hertz