We answer our first audio question, on whether academia is too broken to fix, and a second question on whether we’ve ever worried about the possible repercussions of our public critiques and commentary on academia.
- Our first audio question is from Erin Williams (@DrErinWill), who asks whether academia is too broken to fix
- The letter to the editor that got rejected, despite the publication of the response to the letter
- Harassment in academia
- Have we ever been worried that someone might say, "I'd never hire those dudes" because of what we say?
- Other stuff that has happened to us as a result of the podcast
- Fahrenheit vs. Celsius
- Supply and demand for academic jobs
- The criticism that comes with putting yourself out there
- @ReproRocks: for those working in reproduction to share their work through twitter
- The Steven Pinker book - The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined
- Twitter thread from @drderringer
- Me too Stem blog
- Gideon on Twitter: @GidMK
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2019, April 1) "Too Young To Know, Too Old To Care" Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], doi: 10.17605/OSF.IO/W6MER