By popular demand, Dan and James are kicking it old school and just shooting the breeze. They cover whether scientists should be on Twitter, if Fortnite is ruining our youth, book recommendations, and null oxytocin studies.
Stuff they cover and links to obsure references
- Should scientists be on twitter?
- James runs a Twitter experiment
- Scite has now gone live, listen to our episode on this platform
- Our dreams of a live Hertz episode
- Is Fortnite killing our youth and the parallels with the “heavy metal” scare
- Amy Orben’s screen time study
- Multiverse analysis
- Book recommendations: Kevin Mitchell’s "Innate", Gareth Leng's "Heart of the brain"
- Daryl dug a hole reference, from the Aussie classic, "The Castle"
- A new null oxytocin paper and the twitter response, and Dan's response
- The SANS meeting venue
- QR codes on posters
- The slides to Dan’s oxytocin talk at SANS
- The Hertz Hype Cycle
- Dan recollects one of the first conversations he had with James
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2019, May 8) "Back to our dirty unwashed roots", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], doi: 10.17605/OSF.IO/N9BGX