We discuss Journal Reviewer (journalreviewer.org), which is a website that provides a forum for researchers to share and rate their experiences with journal's peer review processes. We also cover how some journals negotiate the way in which their impact factors are calculated.
- The reference to James' mention of Dick Whittington
- James’ RIOT science talk
- Nichola's Raihani's tweet
- The South Park Yelp episode
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, a monthly newsletter, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Our outro music is by Lee Rosevere
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2021, July 19) "136: Who peer-reviews the peer-reviewed journals?", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/5SH2Z