About this Episode
We discuss a journal's new "wall of shame" page, which details unethical behaviours in an effort to discourage future misconduct. We also cover scientific ideas that won't die (but one idea that HAS died), and ECNP's "negative data" prize
The audio quality of this recording isn't up to our usual standards as we were both travelling and without our normal recording gear. We'll be back with our normal gear next episode!
- James’ letter to the editor/obituary on sympathovagal balance
- The Mirror neuron book that Dan mentioned
- The Wall of Shame page
- An archive of the Wall of Shame page if it gets taken down
- A story from 2014 on Paul Brooks and his Science Fraud website
- Another story on Paul Brooks from Retraction Watch
- News story: Missing Australian 'fraudster' could have cut off her own FOOT to trick police into thinking she is dead, cops say after body part is found
- Best Negative Data Prize
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, a monthly newsletter, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2022, April 18) "153: Shame shame shame", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/YZ8VGSupport Everything Hertz