About this Episode
We chat about appeals to authority when responding to scientific critique, university ranking systems, Goodhart’s law (and its origin), and private institutional review boards.
- The history of Goodhart's law
- The original psychadelics paper in Nature Medicine
- The critique
- The response to the critique
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, a monthly newsletter, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2022, May 30) "155: Don't you know who I am?", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/VXBKSSupport Everything Hertz