About this Episode
Dan and James discuss eLife's new peer review model, in which they no longer make accept/reject decisions at the end of the peer-review process. Instead, papers invited for peer review will receive an assessment from eLife and the peer reviews will be shared on eLife's website. It's up to author if they would like revise their manuscript or publish their paper as the version of record.
- eLife's announment
- A editorial from Michael Eisen and team
- Episode 122: Reoptimizing scientific publishing for the internet age (with Michael Eisen)
- Episode 123: Authenticated anonymity (with Michael Eisen)
- A paper describing p-rep
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2022, November 7) "163: eLife's new peer review model", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/XYBU5Support Everything Hertz