Do we really need scientific journals?
Some of the topics discussed:
- James trolling predatory journals with jibberish papers on the 'DONG' effect
- How do these spammy journal invitation emails actually work?
- Formal journals vs. preprint servers
- The shift to preprints in psychology
- Why do some journals forbid preprints?
- An article defending the big publishers
- How much does it really cost to have an online journal?
- What if the public funders were to set up thier own journals?
- What's the role of post-pubication review?
- Do journals provide added value?
- James' brush with the 'established' media
Publisher policies on preprints
How much do universities pay for journal subscriptions?
Twitter accountSupport Everything Hertz