Withholding data: bad science or scientific misconduct?
Some of the topics discussed:
- Dan raises privacy issues surrounding sharing data
- What are the limits of AI to identify people from 'un-identifiable' data?
- The new age of sharing data
- What grinds Dan's gears
- Requesting data from people who said that they'd actually share their data
- James' experiences with requesting data
- Dan offers a solution for accessing data via an independent 3rd party
- When is a data request 'vexatious'?
- Hiding data vs. just being lazy with data management
- The importance of sharing your analysis code along with the data
- Version controlling manuscripts
- How much will open data actually improve science?
- 'Fake' journals masquerading as real ones
- Australia's windfarm commissioner (a real thing, unfortunalty)
- Australian coffee vs. the rest of the world
- Our Twitter followers numbers have surpassed our Facebook fans!
- The paper on requesting data
- The blog post on whether withholding your data is scientific misconduct
Twitter accountSupport Everything Hertz