About this Episode
Pokemon Go is sweeping the world and getting people walking again! But is the Pokemon Go 'model' a golden opportunity to tackle obesity or just another fad?
Some of the topics discussed:
- James plays "Pokemon or Cholesterol medication?"
- Dan tries to explain Pokemon Go to James
- James' first contact with Pokemon Go "trainers"
- Should health interventions be modeled on Pokemon Go?
- Other exercise augmented reality health apps
- What's the app's endgame?
- Can health authorities copy this model?
- We make a correction from episode 17: PLoS is in fact a non-profit journal, not a for-profit journal
- Dan and James answer two listener questions: i) The dumbest things they've ever done in the lab (both related to email faux pas) ii) How often should lab meetings be run
- The importance of PROPERLY piloting your experiment
- If you don't know the person in the meeting that takes up too much time, it's probably you.
- The quiz
https://www.twitter.com/hertzpodcastSupport Everything Hertz