Can you be a "serious academic" while still posting photos on Instagram? In this episode, James and Dan discuss a recent article bemoaning the infiltration of the "selfie epidemic" into academia.
Some of the topics discussed:
- James and Dan share their thoughts on the article
- The REAL 'c' word....
- Social media and conferences
- Snapchat + academics = snapademics
- Using Instagram stories to share you research
- Why "PHD comics" is so successful
- Criticism in academia
- Listener question 1: What's your favourite part of research?
- Listener question 2: What's your favourite technique or experiment to perform?
- Listener question 3: What's a funny story from being an academic?
- The article
- A response to the article
Twitter accountSupport Everything Hertz