Dan and James have their very first guest! For this episode they're joined by Robin Kok (University of Southern Denmark) to talk e-health. They also cover a recent blog post that inadvertently highlighted questionable research practices in psychology.
Some of the topics covered:
- The grad student who never said no
- Postdoc work/life balance
- Questionable research practices
- Torturing data (with rattan sticks)
- Using the GRIM test to assess data accuracy
- Unpaid internships
- Saying 'yes' to opportunities that come your way
- The Myers-Briggs test is rubbish
- What is e-health?
- Are e-health interventions efficacious?
- e-health intervention implementation issues
- The poor quality of psych intervention smartphone apps
- Using "Facebook Live" to broadcast conference presentations
- The future of e-health
Robin's twitter account
- "The grad student who never said no" blog post
- The Buzzfeed quiz on 'Which Disney princess are you?' (James is Belle)
- XKXD TornadoGuard comic
- The efficacy of e-health interventions
- Wild West eHealth: Time to Hold our Horses?
- Smartphone app interventions
- Facebook page
- Twitter account