In this episode, we chat about whether it’s necessary to move for an academic job to demonstrate “independence”.
Here's a rundown of the other stuff we cover:
- James' appearance at the “Sound education” conference
- Dan’s first day of school as a latino in a white neighbourhood
- Our thoughts on the restrictive social media policy at the SfN (Society for Neuroscience)conference
- Why and how Dan and James moved overseas from Australia
- Do you really need to move overseas to demonstrate independence?
- The two-body problem
- Can you demonstrate independence with sole-author papers?
SFN social media policy https://twitter.com/fedeadolfi/status/1058760331747581953
Dan on twitter https://www.twitter.com/dsquintana
James on twitter https://www.twitter.com/jamesheathers
Everything Hertz on twitter https://www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast
Everything Hertz on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/
Music credits: Lee Rosevere freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/Support Everything Hertz