Dan and James discuss a new journal of "controversial ideas" that will allow authors to publish articles anonymously. They also launch their Patreon page, in which listeners can support the show and get bonus features.
Here's the episode lowdown
- James describes his first experience eating a “ding dong”
- Why James and Dan do the show
- What is Patreon?
- The Journal of Controversial Ideas
- The link between a vaccine batch and narcolepsy in Norway
- Can you “claim” our anonymous article a few years into the future?
- What’s the difference between anonymous blogging and anonymous journal articles?
- The new Neurons, Behavior, Data analysis and Theory journal
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/hertzpodcast
- Narcolepsy paper: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389945713001548
- Journal of Controversial ideas story: https://www.bbc.com/news/education-46146766
- PsyBrief twitter account: twitter.com/psybrief
- NBDT journal: nbdt.scholasticahq.com
- Dan on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/dsquintana
- James on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/jamesheathers
- Everything Hertz on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast
- Everything Hertz on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/
Music credits: Lee Rosevere freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + bonus audio (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)