Dan and James discuss what's missing from biobehavioral science course syllabi.
Here's the episode lowdown:
- A thank you to our new Patron supporters
- The (supposed)CRISPR baby
- SPSS vs. R: What should be used for instruction?
- What would Dan and James include in a new syllabus?
- Should students be taught scientific communication?
- If we’re going to add new stuff to a syllabus, what gets removed?
- Are courses too big these days?
- Should students be taught how to set up a side hustle to apply their research skills outside of academia?
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/hertzpodcast
- CRISPR baby story: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/11/30/18119589/crispr-technology-he-jiankui
- Dan on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/dsquintana
- James on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/jamesheathers
- Everything Hertz on twitter: https://www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast
- Everything Hertz on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/
Music credits: Lee Rosevere freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the $1 tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)