Dan and James answer a listener question on whether they should stick it out for a few months in a toxic lab to get one more paper or if they should leave.
Other stuff they cover:
- We don’t like cricket, oh no, we love it
- James is bad at tribalism
- We answer a listener question about a bad lab environment
- The “Dutch Bounce”
- The Golden Lab Child
- Demonstrating independence by writing a sole author paper
- What should you do if there’s a late authorship switch on your paper?
- Having an upfront conversation about authorship
- James on NPR
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the $1 tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2019, June 17) "Should I stay or should I go?", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], doi: 10.17605/OSF.IO/RX7FB