We chat with Sophia Crüwell (Meta-Research Innovation Center Berlin) about pre-registration and her recent work introducing pre-registration templates for cognitive modelling research.
Here's what we cover and some links:
- Sophia’s PhD research
- Sophia’s recent preprint: Preregistration in Complex Contexts: A Preregistration Template for the Application of Cognitive Models
- The first version of the pre-print titled, preregistration is redundant, at best
- The updated version of the preprint titled, "Is preregistration worthwhile?"
- The Bayesian Spectacles blogpost on the first version of the pre-print
- Data simulation from former guest Lisa DeBruine
- The latest with reproducibilitea
- The cargo cult science talk
- Sophia on twitter
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2019, December 16) "Episode titles are redundant, at best (with Sophia Crüwell)", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/R942W, Retrieved from https://osf.io/r942w/