Dan and James answer a listener question on science advocacy. Is this an activity that all scientists should do, and if so, how much advocacy work should we be doing?
Here's other stuff they cover and links to stuff they mention:
- James’ thoughts on thanksgiving
- James’s hot mic tweet
- The Tom Bartlett story in the Chronicle about the criminologist accused of cooking the books
- The SCORE DAPRA project
- A listener question from Crystal Steltenpohl: What is a scientist’s role in advocacy?
- Julieanne Smolinski piece on Hollywood diets
- Sunbathe your arsehole, for wellness
- Dealing with bad science on Facebook
- Feedback from an older episode on statistical errors in sports science
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent link
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2020, January 6) "Science advocacy", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/8R5ZD, Retrieved from https://osf.io/8r5zd/