To celebrate our 100th episode, which we video-streamed live, Dan and James were joined by three special guests: Daniel Lakens, Amy Orben, and Chris Chambers.
Here's what they covered in this episode:
- James and Dan share their favourite episodes
- The power of the Twitter direct message
- Daniel Lakens joins us to discuss his recent work on helping people make better statistical decisions
- Can you create cross-discipline effect size guidelines?
- What would Jacob Cohen say if we could bring him back to life?
- Academic backup career plans
- Our new partnership with Prolific
- James' piece on not treating your research participants like cattle
- Amy Orben joins us to discuss multiverse analysis and the Reproducibilitea community
- The Latin Modern Roman font
- We speak with Chris Chambers and get an update of what's happening with Registered reports
- [Dan on twitter](www.twitter.com/dsquintana)
- [James on twitter](www.twitter.com/jamesheathers)
- [Everything Hertz on twitter](www.twitter.com/hertzpodcast)
- [Everything Hertz on Facebook](www.facebook.com/everythinghertzpodcast/)
Music credits: [Lee Rosevere](freemusicarchive.org/music/Lee_Rosevere/)
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 a month or more: Monthly newsletter + Access to behind-the-scenes photos & video via the Patreon app + the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 a month or more: All the stuff you get in the $1 tier PLUS a bonus mini episode every month (extras + the bits we couldn't include in our regular episodes)
Episode citation and permanent linkSupport Everything Hertz