Dan and James chat about self-promotion in academia, how they both wish they had doctoral defences (these aren't a thing in Australia), and replacing error bars with the letter "t".
Links and stuff
- The now retracted paper with the error bars as "t"s
- A direct link to the figure
- The blog post on self-promotion, titled "The End of Decency: When Self-Promotion Goes Too Far" https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2022/12/09/why-too-much-public-self-promotion-academics-damaging-opinion
Everything Hertz on social media
Support us on Patreon and get bonus stuff!
- $1 per month: A 20% discount on Everything Hertz merchandise, access to the occasional bonus episode, and the the warm feeling you're supporting the show
- $5 per month or more: All the stuff you get in the one dollar tier PLUS a bonus episode every month
Quintana, D.S., Heathers, J.A.J. (Hosts). (2022, December 30) "165: Self-promotion", Everything Hertz [Audio podcast], DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/U2N9QSupport Everything Hertz